As in past years, the Festival of Faith & Writing is hosting a Submittable account for writers, agents, editors, and publishers. Those working on the publishing side have the opportunity to review all proposals and will contact writers whose work interests them. Books have been published as a result of this process.
That said, not every publishing professional in attendance at Festival will choose to view proposals through this online service, and Festival makes no guarantees that your manuscript will be reviewed. Aspiring writers are highly encouraged to visit the exhibit hall during the Festival, since some of the publishers represented there set aside time to meet with writers individually.
- Each submitter may submit one manuscript proposal.
- The service is available for electronic manuscript proposals only.
- Manuscripts may be submitted in Word or PDF format.
- The Festival staff is unable to coach or assist you in any way with writing your proposal.
- If you were registered for Festival 2020 before its postponement and submitted a manuscript, your submission is automatically transferred and you do not need to resubmit in the 2022 portal.
- Publishing professionals attending the Festival should contact email@example.com for access to our Submittable review account.
Following Festival's date changes, the manuscript submissions portal is currently open through Festival 2022. Though we make no guarantees, you may hear from an agent, editor, or other publishing professional any time between now and Festival 2022. They review the manuscripts in the portal periodically and will contact anyone they'd like to connect with along the way.
To submit your manuscript, please select the appropriate genre from the list below:
- Children's/young adult
- Fiction: genre (mystery, thriller, romance)
- Fiction: literary fiction
- Fiction: religious fiction
- Non-fiction: academic
- Non-fiction: Christian living/devotional
- Non-fiction: comparative religion/multifaith
- Non-fiction: creative non-fiction
- Non-fiction: memoir
- Non-fiction: spiritual writing