As in past years, the 2020 Festival of Faith & Writing is hosting a Submittable account for registered guests—writers, agents, editors, and publishers. Those working on the publishing side have the opportunity to review all proposals and will contact writers whose work interests them. Books have been published as a result of this process.
That said, not every publishing professional in attendance at the Festival will choose to view proposals through this online service, and the Festival makes no guarantees that your manuscript will be reviewed. Aspiring writers are highly encouraged to visit the exhibit hall during the Festival, since some of the publishers represented there set aside time to meet with writers individually.
- Each Festival registrant may submit one manuscript proposal.
- The service is available for electronic manuscript proposals only.
- Manuscripts may be submitted in Word or PDF format.
- This service is available only to individuals registered for the Festival.
- The Festival staff is unable to coach or assist you in any way with writing your proposal.
- The deadline for submissions is April 10, 2020.
- Publishing professionals attending the Festival should contact Sarah Turnage at firstname.lastname@example.org for access to our Submittable review account. That account will stay open until August 10, 2020.
Please select the genre to submit your manuscript.
- Children's/young adult
- Fiction: genre (mystery, thriller, romance)
- Fiction: literary fiction
- Fiction: religious fiction
- Non-fiction: academic
- Non-fiction: Christian living/devotional
- Non-fiction: comparative religion/multifaith
- Non-fiction: creative non-fiction
- Non-fiction: memoir
- Non-fiction: spiritual writing